We got home about midnight, she slept for about four hours, then needed some ibuprofen and rocking, and she is still sleeping now, so I'll have to send some pictures later. She was very brave through all the x-rays, pokes, prods, and the shot - the conscious sedation drug that is too freaky for me. Seeing her eyes glaze over and her little body twitch and her muscles freeze was way worse than her crying or her crooked little arm. But it allowed them to push her bone back into place and they assured me that she was in a happy place. Once the effects started wearing off (about 1/2 hour?) then it actually did get kind of funny...her first request was to watch a show, since we had been watching DragonTales before the drugs. Soon after she wanted a cookie, then she kind of grinned and looked at Kip and said, "HEY, I can see your two faces!" That one had us rolling. About and hour and a half after the shot, she could sit up and talk and they sent us home with her arm all bandaged and splinted. Next week we are supposed to go in and have a cast put on.
So as I carried her around all last night and at 4 am, I had a funny thought... you know how in Home Ec they do a unit where you have to carry around a five pound bag a flour everywhere and pretend it's your kid, and get babysitters to go to the bathroom and stuff? I think they should add a day onto the unit where you have to pretend your baby is three and has broken her arm and you have to carry a 25 lb bag of flour everywhere for an evening, and get up and rock your bag of flour at night. :o) Let's add some fun to it, eh?
This week kindergarten has been better, no crying or spitting yet, yay! We'll head to lunch as long as Ella feels up to it by 11:45. Rachel is happy as ever, a bit feverish from all her 6 month shots yesterday, but chewing up the newspaper ads as I type. Better go interfere. Pictures coming later -
So as I carried her around all last night and at 4 am, I had a funny thought... you know how in Home Ec they do a unit where you have to carry around a five pound bag a flour everywhere and pretend it's your kid, and get babysitters to go to the bathroom and stuff? I think they should add a day onto the unit where you have to pretend your baby is three and has broken her arm and you have to carry a 25 lb bag of flour everywhere for an evening, and get up and rock your bag of flour at night. :o) Let's add some fun to it, eh?
This week kindergarten has been better, no crying or spitting yet, yay! We'll head to lunch as long as Ella feels up to it by 11:45. Rachel is happy as ever, a bit feverish from all her 6 month shots yesterday, but chewing up the newspaper ads as I type. Better go interfere. Pictures coming later -
No comments:
Post a Comment