Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oh, and...

As I was typing about the spider pinata (see below), I realized there are lots of other exciting things to talk about since I have written last.  So here, in poem form, are our updates:

So much to do, so little time,
I know it sounds cliché…
But true it is, so here in rhyme:
Our latest day-to-day.

Kip went hunting! Lots of gore,
Dirty laundry – EW.
But had a blast and saw some elk
Spent time with friends, woo hoo!

While he left, I might have pined,
But MOM came here to play!
We watched chick flicks and played with kids
She sure made my day! (s)

She helped us paint our new bike ramp
B-Y-U true blue! 
We had science class at Red Lobster
Educational and yummy too!

Kip came home, and just in time,
To celebrate year nine.
I can’t believe it’s been that long
Since he agreed to be mine.

Almost ready – oh, so close,
Our little chicken mummy.
Just in time for Halloween,
We’ll wrap our little dummy. (well, it rhymes…)

Saturday we watched and cheered
For Caleb, our soccer star.
Last game of the season, he scored SIX goals!
Undefeated!   Number one team by far!

And now it's time to get some sleep,
Tomorrow's a school day, you see.
And if teacher nods off during science or math...
The students just might go crazy! (or sneak off and eat Halloween candy that's supposed to be saved for this weekend!)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Staigerfamily said...

This is awesome! great poem and a lot of fun stuff going on over there! I love the mom and chic flicks part . . . that sounds so nice :)