Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's all (ahem, naked) Greek to me.

We've spent the last few weeks studying ancient Greece for school.  There is so much cool stuff, right?  Heroes and legends, warriors and kings, sports and competitions.    And lots, and lots, of naked people.
Olympics?  Naked.
 Pottery/Art? Lots of naked.

Architecture?  Not naked! (whew) 
I had forgotten, through the veil of time, the fact that the ancient Greeks loved the human body in all it's glory.  Interesting trying to explain that to a 7 and 5 year old, who mostly just kept saying, "I can see their privates." 
We started using post-it notes in strategic places so we could move past the naked guys.  And now we're talking about the ancient Americans, who at least wore loin cloths.  Whew!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So funny, you have plenty of library photos from the cruise that could be shown, although I stll can't figure out the anatomy of that one picture.