Sunday, March 22, 2015

GARTH! **squeal!**

17.5 years ago, Garth Brooks played at Driller Stadium in Tulsa.  I was lucky enough to go twice.  I never did make it to his Vegas show - you know, 4 kids, work, whatever - but last fall when he announced he was touring again?  YES PLEASE!
He came to Denver the weekend before our spring break, which was perfect timing for Mom and Dad M to be able to come to town and go with us.  Getting tickets was a little stressful and I might possibly have completely missed an orthodontic appointment for Caleb because I was frantically refreshing the ticket sales page...but it was worth it!  (Side note, the orthodontist's receptionist sad she had never heard that excuse for missing an appointment before!  haha)
He can still put on a show, I tell you what.  It was worth the missed appointment, it was worth the "late" show (starting at 11:15 PM), it was worth the light rail ride next to the guys who reeked of weed, it was worth waiting outside with thousands of other people and inching slowing in to the Pepsi Center, it was worth standing on the light rail platform again at 2:30 AM and waiting for the C line to come (no more W lines, PLEASE!)  It was worth getting around 3 hours sleep before kids were up and ready for breakfast.  For Garth, it was worth it.  Ok. I'm done now. :)
 
 

No comments: