Monday, May 9, 2016

The Little Mermaid, Jr

This year Rachel wanted to participate in her school's spring play, The Little Mermaid, Jr.  That sounded like a fine plan to me, I looked forward to the chance to participate with her, since I don't get those opportunities very often.

They had auditions way back in the fall, and all 1st graders were accepted and given the part of "lagoon animals" or "sea creatures," appearing in one musical number.
My favorite little first grader was a lagoon flamingo appearing in the song "Kiss the Girl:
She had a ton of fun participating, and I spend a ton of time making 7 mer-sister skirts and 1 pair of mer-man pants, all out of spandex.  It was quite the learning experience.  I never got to see her actually perform...the first night of the show, Kip was heading to the ER (see insurance deductible story) so I left and Bryant and Sara brought the kids home.  The second show she wanted to watch, not perform, and we just skipped the third performance because we were all so bushed with Kip's little hospital adventure.  But we did throw her in there for a cast photo, since she spent a lot of time at rehearsals!! 
It was a good experience overall, she had a blast!

No comments: