Fast forward a number of year to living in Parker; I was reasonably sure I was done having babies and took up running again - not a lot, but a little - and suddenly it seemed like lots of people around me were into running and the Bolder Boulder kept coming up. I decided I wanted to run it; it would be longer than the 5ks that I had done but not as crazy as a marathon (or even a half!)
The only small problem is that it always takes place on Memorial Day and we are usually enjoying time at Ragged Mountain with all of the Thygersons over Memorial Day. Dilemma. But 2017 was the year - the Thygerson reunion was planned for the July 4th holiday, so my Memorial Day was open and I could RUN! Yipee! I bought my Colorado jersey and hat especially for the race, since by this point I knew we were moving. These are the ladies that I did long runs with on Saturdays:
And some awesome people dressed up for the race - lots of people were dressed up!
At the start line with my wave.
Race summit - 5,391 feet!
Pipers!
Done! (finish line) My fastest time at that distance and a TON of fun to boot; bacon stations, trampolines, musicians, water (or beer, if you were so inclined), it was fantastic!
I had such a great time accomplishing this goal, and I was grateful to Kip for supporting me and staying home with the kids this time so I could race. Bucket list - CHECK!







No comments:
Post a Comment