Sunday, May 21, 2017

Graduations and celebrations

It was a busy week of graduations and celebrations here!  We were supposed to finish off our soccer season, too, but another large, late snowstorm canceled our final practices and games, so we'll have to figure out what else to do with the flat of Gatorade downstairs...I'm sure I could find some volunteers to drink it!

Orchard Options held it's last day of school and graduation ceremony for kindies, 5th grade, and 8th grade.  (They do a separate program for seniors getting their diplomas.)  Since we had a kindie AND a 5th grader, well, attendance was a MUST!  Here is McKinley with her teacher, Mrs. Kamicar.  She liked her a lot!

Almost all of the kindies!  (One was absent.)  Their class had a grand total of 5!  That's a great size kindie class!  Not sure why they're all so serious...
McKinley was super pumped to get her bucket of Dr. Seuss treasures, which included a stuffed doggie with a graduation caps that she promptly names "Mr. Toots."  I think he was promptly re-named something else, but I can't remember what.  I was just happy that they didn't give kindies a whole bucket of candy, like they did for the 8th graders!

And here is Ella's class, one of the larger classes in the program with 13 kids (I think - some missing for graduation also.)  I am not sure what everyone was looking at in this picture, since many parents were standing by me off to the side...but at least Ella is found me!  We'll have to look at her official school photos to remember what her other classmates looked like!
Receiving her certificate from Miss Renee, the site coordinator (principal?) 
At the end, the teachers did a light stick dance routine, which was very clever.  However whichever student was left in charge of the music while the teachers danced blew all of our eardrums out with the insane decibel level, so we watched with our ears covered. Lol.
A couple of days later Rachel finished off the dance semester with her spring recital dances, linked below.  We can't film the actual recital, so these are from the dress rehearsal.  Unfortunately at the dress rehearsal, the whole front row was full of a excited little tiny girls chattering through everyone else's dances, but if you can filter out the taps/giggles/talking, you get the general idea. :)



 This girl loves dancing!  To the left is her teacher and the studio owner, Miss Colleen, getting everyone into position. 
It's been a fun week!

No comments: