Friday, May 12, 2017

Treasures!

Having made the decision to move to Jackson, Wyoming, we are spending more and more time cleaning, de-cluttering, organizing, and packing.  I am so thankful we are able to take our time - no rush or emergency to get moved right this SECOND.  
This darling little cutie makes cleaning/packing a tiny bit harder...because she is so imaginative and so captivated by every little thing that she sees.  Translation: she has piles of treasures EVERYWHERE!!  And the piles...they multiply like rabbits.  I cleaned out her closet (which is where everything gets tossed when the girls "clean" their room) and found:

*A bag full of garbage, including lots of shredded tissues, many notes and lists, punched out paper shapes, more tissues, candy wrappers from Easter, etc.
*A pile of broken glass shards from the basement sliding door that shattered a while ago
*A sparkly rock collection 
*All the bandaids (and many bandaid wrappers)
*The magnetic shape toys
*A full grocery sack of pens, pencils markers, crayons, colored pencils, and even a pink sharpie (oh no!!) from the school buckets
*Most of the hair elastics/barrettes/headbands
*Toys
*Books
*Movies
*Artwork

But seriously, with a face like this:
...who can complain?  Or resist?  Or scold?!
This particular picture was from today, when she came in from the backyard where we've spent many hours lately cleaning, weeding, and sprucing up.

McKinley: "Mom!!  Look how many TREASURES I found in the backyard!  I have 2 sticks, a lego, Easter basket grass..."  *At that point, she can't continue her list because she is overcome with excitement about her container full of goodies, and she just holds them out for me to see.*

Me: *dying of cuteness overload* "How exciting!!"
(And also, formulating a plan to get this latest collection into the garbage without breaking her little heart.  And making notes that I don't need to spend money on gifts at birthdays and Christmas...for heaven's sake I could give her a pile of sticks and a box of tissues and she'd be thrilled!!)

Our little treasure seeker is a joy to have and brings so much happiness to our home!

No comments: