...includes this lovely necklace, made with turquoise beads and .22 bullet casings. Yep.
Made right here locally! If you want one for Christmas let me know and I'll send it your way. There are also earrings and I think even a bracelet!
We can also include this scene from the Palisades Reservoir, from our walk as a family where the littler girls were sure they were going to die of tiredness until they got to stop and throw sticks and stones into the water...
What is surprising about these photos is that where I was sitting on a log with my camera used to be the water line last summer. Where the kids are standing? Under water, all the way to where it looks green across the way. Crazy how much it can change with the seasons and the dam flow.
Finally, May 1 marked the official day when you can pick up antler shed on public land. So this weekend and all this week is ANTLER RENDEZVOUS here in Alpine! You can buy and sell with some of the biggest names in antler collecting. Ok, I made that part up, but really, in an empty field there are trailers of all sizes buying and selling antlers of all sizes. I never even knew that was a thing!
I think me and my flip flops and big city ways still have a lot to learn about being Wyomingites!



No comments:
Post a Comment