Sunday, May 27, 2018

Aloha, Happy Birthday!

And just like that, my "baby" is 7.  I really tried to kick it into gear this year for her birthday, since (cough cough) she is the only child who has never had an invite-your-friends-and-play-games birthday party.  I thought having a baby in May would be great since the weather was warming up and the older kids could be outside playing...but I forgot to consider that as they get older, May get SUPER busy with school and sports and recitals, you name it.  But this was her year!
McKinley wanted a Hawaii themed party, where she could sport the dress we brought back from the Caribbean and her many leis.  Her birthday morning - which also happened to be the first Saturday of summer break - she was up and dressed and ready to roll by 6:15 am. I think someone was a *teensy* bit excited about her birthday!
We went all out, snagging donuts for breakfast, then getting ready for the party.  Um, I made a cake, and I have made a lot of food over the years but it's been a while since I tried to make and decorate a cake.  But, around here, options are limited.  McKinley loved her palm tree cake, which was all that mattered. 
We made fruit kabobs, played a game with marshmallows and straws (marshmallows are McKinley's dream come true,) tried to ring the broom with floaties, and a played Aloha Bingo until y prizes ran out.



She is our spunky, fun loving, energetic, candy princess.  She loves using her imagination for all sorts of games, reading, dressing up, collecting things, singing, and cracking jokes.  She feels things passionately but is quick to smile and give hugs, especially when she sees one of her teachers somewhere around town!  She is constantly entertaining, and loves playing with Rachel and Ella and makes new friends anywhere we go.  I can't imagine our family without her.  Happy Birthday McKinley!
OH - and a few days prior, we celebrated with her friends at school, since summer break was starting and all.  She shared a birthday, and the birthday chair, with her classmate Sagan.
 One of her BFFs, Mila 
 Sharing cupcakes!
 Happy Birthday McKinley!

No comments: